Virbac Corporation is currently hiring Production Operators to work 2nd shift. The hours are 3pm-11:30pm.
Pay is $20.20/hr to start, plus a $500 sign-on bonus!
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes vacation, 401(k) & match, life, medical, dental, and vision benefits, and more!
Work is in an FDA regulated environment (clean, air-conditioned, nice environment). We're growing and will likely be hiring more positions soon.
• Operate filling and packaging equipment for FDA and EPA-regulated animal pharmaceutical products.
• Permanent assignments.
Area of accountability #1: Operate equipment
• Organize their activity for production processes.
• Perform equipment set-ups and make adjustments.
• Perform line clearances.
• Perform unit and equipment cleaning procedures.
• Monitor key line parameters.
Expected results: All products made are in compliance with regulations and client requirements.
Area of accountability #2: Quality
• Conduct IPCs at defined intervals.
• Take samples and send them to QC.
• Follow GMPs and SOPs.
• Record information throughout the process into the batch record and/or logbook to ensure compliance.
• Follow proper gowning procedures.
Expected results: Information that helps to assure the traceability of manufactured lots.
Area of accountability #3: Continuous Improvement
• Record KPI.
• Participate in kaizen events (5S, SMED…).
Expected results: Ensure the process works at the optimum level of compliance, quality, and efficiency to meet customer expectations.
Area of accountability #4: Troubleshooting
• Follow proper troubleshooting procedures when malfunctions occur and report issues to a technician/supervisor if applicable
• Notify supervisor if deviation occurs (IPCs, raw material issues, equipment…)
Expected results: Ensure traceability of troubleshooting.
Area of accountability #5: Safety
• Follow plant safety guidelines
• Safely operate and adjust the equipment, starting and stopping, in a manner so as not to harm the equipment, yourself, or fellow employees
• Fill in safety checklists
• Notify supervisors of safety near misses or incidents
Expected results: Measure the impact each activity has on personnel safety.
Job-related skills required to complete activities:
• Following hygiene and safety guidelines.
• Respect material and personnel flows.
• Talk/listen to others to convey/understand information effectively.
• Ability to read, understand and execute operating instructions, guidelines, SOPs, and batch records.
• Good math skills: adding, subtracting, multiplication, percentages, conversions.
• Basic computer skills.
Interpersonal skills required to complete activities:
• Ability to diligently follow batch records and procedures with attention to detail.
• Demonstrate ability to work in teams and lead by example.
• Customer focus.
• Communicate effectively.
Training / Experience necessary to do the job:
• Educational level or equivalent experience: High school diploma or GED
• 1 to 2 years prior experience working in production at a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility is desired, but not required.
• Pre-employment mathematics and reading testing will be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.